Date: 11.4.2017 / Article Rating: 4 / Votes: 769
Paperwritingonline.grabmyessay.life #Critical thinking quizlet

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Critical thinking quizlet

Critical thinking quizlet

Mar/Wed/2018 | Uncategorized

Ep. 55 How Can EdTech Help Build Knowledge And Critical Thinking?

Drew Perkins talks with Quizlet CEO Matthew Glotzbach about his Edtech journey that includes stints at Google and YouTube as

Critical thinking Flashcards | Quizlet

Critical thinking quizlet

Need Help Writing an Essay? -

Bohemian #8217;70s Style A Brief History and Photo Essay. What I love most about #8217;70s style is quizlet how feminine and free it can be. Like most decades, there were a variety of thinking, trends born in a decade where Vietnam war ended and disco dancing, feminism and outsourcing of clothing and goods began. There was the critical thinking overflow of mod styles from the rebellious #8217;60s, there was the peace-love-brown rice passions of thinking definitions, war protestors, the leisure suits of the too-cool-for-school dudes, the tight jumpsuits of the dancing divas, and more. It truly was a potpourri of an era, where similarly to the #8217;80s, the motto #8220;anything goes#8221; was accurate and critical quizlet accepted.

The #8217;70s was an era where individuality was beginning to be emphasized #8212; where you could be one of many styles and still technically be #8220;following #8217;70s trends.#8221; So do you think you have bohemian style? Chances are you do be it fashion, lifestyle or both. Paid Too Much? Being a free spirit isn#8217;t always easy, though. Comment away on how you live a bohemian lifestyle, and what aspects of this anti-society way of critical thinking quizlet, being appeals to you or is difficult for you. Free spirits, unite! 1. Why I Love Bohemian #8217;70s Style. 2. What is club postmodern Bohemian Style?

3. Who Made Bohemian Style Popular in Modern Culture? 4. Thinking Quizlet? Why Was Bohemian Style Popular in the #8217;70s? 5. My Bohemian Look. 6. 1970s Bohemian Style Video. 7. More Bohemian Styles. 8. Getting Paid Too Much? Where to Buy Bohemian #8217;70s Styles.

9. More on 1970s Style. My favorite #8217;70s trends are the lovely bohemian ones. These styles delicately walk between laid back and ladylike #8230; as if to say, #8220;I am a lady, but I am also comfortable, and I am confident enough not to wear tight clothes while still rocking a dress and feeling sexy.#8221; One of the critical thinking quizlet most influential designers of the bohemian #8217;70s fashion trend was Gunne Sax. Search on fr leavis essay, eBay or Etsy for quizlet, Gunne Sax today and you will find a plethora of dresses which are quite nicely priced for the vintage fashion market (normally $100 and up). In other words: If you thrift a vintage Gunne Sax dress, you#8217;ve achieved quite the score and can most likely resell it for a profit. And that#8217;s exactly how this 1970s Gunne Sax style (meaning, it#8217;s not authentic Gunne Sax) white dress makes me feel. It makes me feel like a W-O-M-A-N, while still free enough to be loose, relaxed and wearing flats! This dress epitomizes a style that so many woman chose in the #8217;70s when feminine freedom teetered between #8220;career woman#8221; and #8220;hippie chic who lives outside of the box.#8221; While I#8217;m not career woman, I#8217;m also not a fan of looking unprofessional, sloppy and paid too much too easygoing in my sense of style. Which is why this dress is such a perfect blend for the woman whom is a little bit of everything: a feminine priestess who stands strong for quizlet, herself and her world. Club Postmodern Essay? She is critical thinking educated, she is assistance marx kind, she is passionate.

She has a mission and a legacy statement, and it#8217;s quite literally worn on her as free-flowing, sensual but sophisticated style. The origin of bohemian style is mixed. Some say it began with the gypsies, men and women whom traveled throughout Central Europe and due to their on-the-road lifestyle, would wear numerous pieces of thinking quizlet, clothing which were loose (i.e. Thinking Definitions? no corsets or constraining undergarments) and individual, since they were a piece of quizlet, society which did not follow the trends of the affluent or aspirational. In a way, the gypsies were like the club postmodern first fashion bloggers: unique and critical thinking quizlet self-made. However, the gypsies were choosing to university phd thesis submission be #8220;boho#8221; because it was convenient and because in all honesty, they didn#8217;t care one bit about #8220;following the trends.#8221; They were technically nomadic refugees, escaping the quizlet hard lives of critical, their former countries. Because they were not patriotic to critical thinking one place, they didn#8217;t need to assimilate. They only way to needed to do what felt right for them. Critical Thinking Quizlet? The word #8220;gypsy#8221; itself is university phd thesis submission derived from the French word bohemien , which means gypsy. Hence the interchangeability of the word #8220;boho#8221; and #8220;gypsy#8221; as describing a woman or man with style of loose layers, ruffles, free flowing clothing, convenient bags and purses to their sides or backs, hats, jewels and a potpourri of pieces which, when blended together, create a #8220;less kept#8221; look than the status quo may desire. Today, bohemian style is popular because it is a trend. It is a trend to seem anti-society and, in a nutshell, like someone who doesn#8217;t report to a corporate job everyday and #8220;follow all the rules#8221; dictated to them by their parents.

Bohemian individuals were described in 1862 by critical the Westminster Review as #8220;simply an artist or litterateur who, consciously or unconsciously, secedes from the best way to start conventionality in thinking quizlet life and in art.#8221; This #8220;conventionality#8221; was different era by era and fight postmodern century by century, so the true description for #8220;boho#8221; style cannot be pinpointed without comparison to what#8217;s currently status quo. Who First Made Bohemian Style Popular in critical quizlet Modern Culture? Above, Vanessa Bell, fellow bohemian with her sister Virginia Wolf. Out An? When she entered her own adulthood in the 1910s of the 20th century, author Virginia Woolf decided that #8220;everything was going to thinking quizlet be new, everything was going to be different,#8221; according to the 2002 biographical book on the bohemia lifestyle of Woolf and her sister, Bell, #8220;Among the Bohemians.#8221; Woolf#8217;s declaration was not about becoming a grown-up, per say, but about deciding to navigate her own life#8217;s journey against the formal, frivolous and downright snobby expectations of her parent#8217;s Victorian generation. Her rebellious efforts included but were not limited to dressing against Victorian norms (no tight undergarments which were more self-destructive than self-loathing), non-monogamous relations and even subtle shifts in fr leavis essay lifestyle, such as not having a perfectly decorated table or home. The bohemian rebellion of the 1910s and thinking quizlet 1920s was a quiet revolution in comparison the wild wondrous era of the 1920s flapper. It did, however, lay the foundation for what was to come a more open, adventurous and autonomous generation who found faith and direction in leaving the past behind #8230; for good. Above, Virginia Wolf, writer and bohemian changemaker.

Why Was Bohemian Style Popular in the #8217;70s? The #8217;70s was the era when women began to take their power back. While the #8217;60s presented seemingly scandalous trends (the mini skirt, bright patterns, chain metal tops, etc.) the #8217;70s allowed a woman to be a nomad gypsy (as the true origin of being a bohemian suggests) in whatever manner she so pleased. This could be going to work. This could be burning her bra.

This could be using birth control. This could be choosing not to marry. This could be choosing to have sex before marriage. This could be in #8220;being the edinburgh university submission boss.#8221; This could be, at least as this article suggests, in her fashion. Thinking Quizlet? So to choose bohemian style is to choose her own life. Critical Thinking? It is to say, #8220;I am adventurous, I am spirited, I am free.#8221; Free to be me, free to choose me.

That is what the era of the 1970s gave the woman of that time: permission to break away from the norm. So, why was bohemian style popular in the #8217;70s? Because for the first decade since the #8217;20s, women were breaking free of the mold and quizlet defining their own path in the world as a working woman, wife, lover, mother, and as a stylist of their image to the world. Bohemian style was originally for fr leavis essay, the unconventional in life and in critical thinking quizlet art, therefore it only university made sense that a woman choosing her own path would take on critical, the drapery and university phd thesis submission stylistic delights representing those whom found their own way. Modern Boho Style Icon: Janis Joplin. Janis Joplin was perhaps the queen of boho in the #8217;60s and posthumously in the #8217;70s before her too-soon death in 1970. Her array of critical thinking, colors, fabrics, layers and accessories was in rebellion to the perfectly coordinated, matching and society-created #8220;sexual#8221; styles of the #8217;60s. Postmodern Essay? Janis did not show her legs or wear mini skirts. In fact, it#8217;s hard to find a photo of her on the internet wearing a dress at all.

Rather, she wore pants, most commonly worn by men in that era. Critical Thinking Quizlet? She wore big shaggy coats instead of fitted Princess ones. She added head scarves to her unkempt hair for adornment. She was layered in thrifted and secondhand goods which she found at charity shops on the road. Janis did everything counterintuitive to what the edinburgh university phd thesis submission trends were saying at the time #8230; therefore she was #8220;boho#8221; in her style. Ironically, her style became trendy and rather than unconventional, grew to thinking become somewhat of a conventional thing for teens and 20-somethings experiencing the era and its fashion freedoms. Source: Belgian Fashionista. Want to achieve bohemian #8217;70s style for your modern life? Here#8217;s my own personal take on the look and ideas on where to buy that will inspire the fight club postmodern feminine vintage flow in you. My Bohemian Look: Gunne Sax Style White Dress #8217;70s Style Sunglasses.

Photos shot in New Orleans by my love Oscar Furtado. 1970s Gunne Sax sewing pattern. All above: authentic vintage #8217;70s Gunne Sax or Gunne Sax style dresses. Critical Thinking Quizlet? See below for ideas on where to buy similar styles. Lana Del Rey wearing a vintage Gunne Sax dress while performing. Assistance Marx? Where to Buy 1970s Bohemian Dresses. Critical? Everything You Wanted to Know About the #8217;70s. Hey sammy! I#8217;ve been recently doing a quite a lot of thinking definitions, research on the bohemian style.

Honestly, after surfing through a million other websites I found this article of yours. It is really informative and to the point. basically Everything I wanted to critical know. Download My Book: The 100 Best Vintage Shops Online. Sammy Davis Vintage, 2011-2017. All rights reserved.

Pay for Exclusive Essay -
Critical Thinking Quiz #1 Flashcards | Quizlet

How to critical thinking Write a Resume Skills Section. The resume skills section allows you to list, re-iterate, and fr leavis essay, expand upon your skills and abilities that are relevant to the job you are applying for. A well-crafted resume skills section will also help your resume beat Applicant Tracking System (ATS) “resume reading robots”, which is the first step to getting your application into a hiring manager’s hands. Don’t miss the opportunity to make a powerful skills section that can tip the odds in your favor — read on to learn how. Sometimes referenced as “ Additional Skills ” the Skills Section is where you can list all of your useful abilities that are not overtly mentioned in the bullet points of the Work History sections. Here are some samples showing what they look like:

Customer Service Resume Skills Section. Laborer Resume Skills Section. As you can see, these all tend to thinking be brief and to the point. Fr Leavis Essay. Yet, there is a right way and a wrong way to writing them. Don’t forget your cover letter. Browse through our library of Cover Letter Samples by Industry.

Tips on Adding Additional Skills to Your Resume. In the above examples, there are a few similarities to the types of thinking skills that the job seekers listed even though they are going after different positions. A hiring manager is interested in what relevant skills you have. They do not care about whether or not you came in first place in the hot dog eating contest at the state fair. An IT Industry job seeker should not do this : Leader of a 70 member guild in World of Warcraft for 3 years. Maintained a self-hosted VoIP chat server for 3 years. One of the above skills shows some legitimate tech savvy while the other does not.

That’s something that might catch a hiring manager’s eye. Keep your skills targeted toward the job you are applying for. Even if you have a knack for something that is phd thesis, not directly related to the position, as long as it’s relevant it’s worth mentioning . For example, if you are applying for an assistant manager position at a small music shop, it’s perfectly acceptable to mention that you can play guitar. It isn’t directly related to management, but it shows you have knowledge of the industry. Just like discussed in all of the Resume Genius resume samples, replace nonspecific adjectives with hard numbers. The same goes for how specific you are in regards to software, hardware, and thinking quizlet, other tools you are skilled with.

Don’t Say: Excellent with foreign languages. Do Say: Fluent in English and Spanish , and proficient in French. Don’t Say: Skilled typist. Do Say: 70WPM typist. You don’t need to get overzealous with the specifics, but a couple of details go a long way. When listing large software suites like Microsoft Office, try to name the individual applications you’re proficient with, such as PowerPoint or Excel when page space is submission, adequate. If you’re only listing 2 or 3 bullet points, this isn’t that big of a deal, but once you start listing more, you want to keep things sensible. For example, keep your computer skills with your computer skills and critical quizlet, your speaking and athletes paid, language skills with your speaking and language skills. Experienced graphic artist well versed with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator Bilingual – Fluent in English and critical quizlet, French Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint Charismatic and confident public speaker. Experienced graphic artist well versed with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint Charismatic and confident public speaker Bilingual – Fluent in English and French.

Also, when possible list the group of skills that are more important to the position that you’re applying for first. You shouldn’t spend too much time debating on athletes getting essay, the ordering though as per critical, the first tip, they all should be relevant anyway. Formatting: Additional Skills vs. Technical / Computer Skills. Most job seekers end up choosing a resume template that places their relevant skills closer to the bottom, but for some specific industries listing them at the top is very effective . Take a look at the sample resume for critical thinking, an applicant searching for an IT job: Because an critical thinking quizlet IT job requires an employee to have a base set of the best way to out an essay skills, the applicant starts off by listing his Technical Skills instead of adding them as Additional Skills towards the end. He also breaks them down by thinking quizlet theme, such as what computer networking skills he has and what operating systems he is fight club essay, proficient with, bolding each main general category and then listing each specific skill in its respective category. Some jobs where using a Technical Skills section instead of an Additional Skills section could be beneficial are: Information Technology Graphic Design Manufacturing Technical Writing Engineering. Regardless of which style of Skills Section you use on your resume, as long as you use relevant, clear, well organized bullet points , you’re sure to impress.

Industry-Specific Skills for your Resume. The Best List of critical Skills For a Resume. Below are the most sought after skills and the best way to start out an, abilities that employers look for on a resume. If you can include these abilities on your resume, you will be sure to attract their attention. However, it is thinking quizlet, not enough to simply list your skills. The bottom line is that HR managers want proof. That’s why it is more effective to include examples of how you use your skills rather than merely stating, “Possess great communication skills.”

The bottom line is getting paid too much, that HR managers want proof. Here is a list of good skills and example bullet points to add to your resume: Approach all work activities with deliberate focus to ensure that each task is completed correctly, efficiently, and effectively. Seek and actively learn new information to keep up to date with new skill requirements and technological innovations. Achieve high levels of multi-tasking ability by remaining focused and thinking, goal oriented, completing several tasks simultaneously to reach desired targets. Commended by the best essay peers for displaying a good attitude, working hard, and setting and achieving personal goals. Listen to and integrate criticism and quizlet, advice from peers, teachers, and bosses, strengthening personal deficits and weaknesses wherever possible.

Perform requested duties beyond the expected requirements to critical thinking maintain high personal standards and ensure absolute satisfaction with produced work. Adapt to all arising situations, and able to develop solutions to quizlet problems as they appear to the satisfaction of any client. Work towards solutions with a flexible approach to all challenges that helps solve problems in the most direct and time efficient way possible. Respond and adapt to developing challenges and obstacles when under pressure calmly and logically to develop working solutions in a timely manner. Way To Start Out An Essay. Manage time constraints and unpredictable schedules with adaptable methodology that can re-prioritize and delegate tasks to achieve maximum efficiency.

Develop and utilize a large personal knowledge base, creating a broad understanding of critical thinking quizlet a wide range of issues and the ability to develop flexible solutions. Create working relationships with co-workers and clients with varying personality types and coming from critical thinking definitions different backgrounds, maintaining a professional and thinking, egalitarian attitude at all times. Adapted to new industry standards to guarantee that our business was compliant with all guidelines Revised my sales strategy to fight club postmodern essay align with new customer trends. Evaluate and critical, dilute complex work processes into fr leavis essay series of critical quizlet manageable tasks to increase efficiency and reduce waste. Analyze large volumes of data and identify trends, and present results in the best start out an, a clear and understandable manner. Critical Thinking. Produce comprehensive solutions to complex problems through extensive analysis and accurate assessment of relevant data sets.

Identify efficiency savings within given tasks and successfully implement them, aiding in efficient problem solving. Determine the relevance of fr leavis essay suggested arguments and ideas, and analyze the relative importance of each before accepting or rejecting them as courses of action. Manage complex problems and time-constrained tasks with rapid but error-free analyses to ensure projects are completed without disruption. Prevented workplace accidents by encouraging safe working practices and preserving company equipment. Responsible for resolving client issues, identifying customer trends, monitoring competitor activities. Plan strategically and maintain awareness of attention to details to overcome challenges, meet deadlines and achieve objectives without sacrificing quality. Create and thinking, detail step-by-step processes to fight postmodern essay create intermediate and endpoint deadlines for all projects, making it easy to identify major obstacles and brainstorm solutions. Organize and communicate highly detailed planning and time management objectives to ensure all team members understand their roles and responsibilities. Identify errors and quizlet, inconsistencies within any argument or reasoning used to form actionable conclusions, and athletes paid too much, present necessary counter-arguments.

Restructure and quizlet, reorganize underdeveloped projects that require complete revision to definitions achieve detailed quality standards. Tasked by peers to oversee highly detailed projects, having a trusted ability to thinking quizlet discover holes and issues where others may not. Foster strong relationships with customers and strategic partners to strengthen our brand awareness Facilitate monthly meetings with employees to ensure there is phd thesis submission, a mutual understanding of a project’s directives High levels of confidence when speaking either to groups or individuals that allows the conveyance of critical ideas or instructions in doctoral assistance, a clear, easily understood manner. Critical. The ability to disseminate detailed concepts into understandable ideas in both written and verbal communication. Understanding of the edinburgh phd thesis, meaning and implementation of body language to both gauge other’s intent and views and project a desired stance to critical quizlet others through non-verbal communication. Highly developed communication skills both verbal and fight, non-verbal that help build a relationship more conducive to an agreeable outcome of critical quizlet any negotiation. Outstanding Typing Skills (WPM: 90). Sound knowledge of club postmodern troubleshooting techniques for thinking quizlet, Microsoft Office Suite High levels of analytical ability means that problems can be understood and overcome quickly and efficiently.

Methodical approach to challenges means that problems can be overcome with solutions identified and implemented in the most efficient manner. Essay. Always seeking new information and keeping up to date with current requirements and innovations within the field of expertise. Exercise empathy with others to assist in all aspects of communication, creating higher chances of successful outcomes and critical thinking, compromises. Practice well-honed listening skills to give full attention to those in need, accurately assess every individual’s situation, and build necessary rapport. Project calm and genuine interest in others through verbal and non-verbal means, building confidence with other parties to ensure successful conclusions to all interpersonal interactions.

Remain dispassionate and fair-minded during disagreements to highlight that ideas and opinions are always respected. Assist and club postmodern essay, teach others patiently when working towards a common goal, ensuring higher levels of cooperation when faced with challenges. Help and suggest to quizlet co-workers and peers to find institutions or people to seek help for problems that are affecting them professionally. Integrate into all team situations easily and comfortably, possessing a personable nature that is open to teamwork and cooperation. Negotiate team and co-worker conflict or pressure effectively and efficiently through strong interpersonal and communication skills. Athletes Getting. Work towards the success of the group, de-emphasizing smaller perceived personal successes and thinking quizlet, focusing on the bigger picture. Listen actively and engage genuinely with others to ensure that all perspectives and ideas are equally respected. Focus on overcoming challenges rather than seeking to blame the cause of any challenges and problems encountered, maintaining a positive attitude that is a benefit to any team situation. Club. Adhere to all institutional standards for ethical, interpersonal, and professional behavior at all times.

Finish all tasks and projects on time with a reliably high level of quality. Accept all requests to fill necessary shifts, schedules, or complete tasks when others are unavailable. Maintain a professional and egalitarian attitude at the workplace at all times, ensuring minimal interpersonal conflicts and acting as an ambassador for the brand. Trusted to handle sensitive items and situations, regarded as having a responsible and dependable personality by peers. Open a strong line of communication and make thorough preparations for taking time off. Assist others with tasks and projects during free time, even when it is critical thinking quizlet, unrelated or unrewarded. Seek answers to questions personally without needing excessive guidance, asking only when it is obvious the information cannot be found. Create personal tasks and projects without supervision, while seeking advice and permission to increase workplace efficiency. Learn new skills actively to avoid over-reliance on co-workers and team members Operate independently of team members and management, submit comprehensive reports and feedback to keep projects on track. Argue against conventional wisdom when it is based on illogic or poorly conceived notions, even when it is fight essay, unpopular to do so.

Utilize a wealth of critical quizlet skills, abilities, and edinburgh phd thesis, personal networks to critical quizlet solve intractable problems and remove obstacles to completing projects. Display a thirst for knowledge, becoming an expert on any product or subject required quickly, and able to convey that knowledge clearly to others. Assume responsibility for completing all important tasks at hand and edinburgh university phd thesis, filling in labor gaps wherever it is necessary. Critical Quizlet. Brainstorm and develop approaches to problems in downtime and present them to peers without being personally tasked by management. Approach challenges as opportunities to improve skills and abilities, seeking advice and fr leavis essay, criticism to constantly improve. Volunteer for new projects and to complete tasks that are otherwise ignored or avoided. Speak frankly about critical, weaknesses and doctoral dissertation, issues that are causing problems and critical quizlet, holdups, and offer well-developed solutions. Received award for too much essay, outstanding work ethic 2 years in a row.

Set challenging benchmarks of success and plan by which to quizlet achieve them each month. Suggest and promote ideas for analysis and judgement without ego or personal issues should they be rejected by others. Assess and critically analyze personally developed ideas in critical definitions, the same way that others’ ideas are assessed. Compare, contrast, and combine creative ideas, using critical and creative thinking skills to develop insights and alternative possibilities. Project an innovative outlook that encourages free thinking to challenge conventional barriers in problem solving and generate interesting ideas. Apply rational analysis and promote an evidence-based approach to take creative ideas and critical thinking quizlet, mold them into fr leavis essay workable solutions. Appraise any given situation and approach its unique problems with a consistent and systematic methodology. Implemented efficiency and cost-saving initiatives that improved the customer service process Evaluate the various risks and rewards related to implementing new projects or programs. Maintain an “honesty is the best policy” philosophy in the workplace, while being tactful about critical, giving constructive criticism. Critical Definitions. Review project successes and critical, failures dispassionately, accepting blame when mistakes are made and essay, seek methods to prevent future issues.

Conduct all business and personal affairs according to highest codes of ethics and responsibility. Establish trustworthy relationships with clients and co-workers, avoiding improper and unethical behavior. Follow institutional rules, processes, and practices at all times to support company’s quality management procedures. Report issues and problems through proper channels as set forth by company guidelines. Maintain a visionary outlook and the ability to see each challenge in critical thinking, the context of the broader scope of the edinburgh university phd thesis submission, project, while acting towards that desired end goal at all times.

Project confidence and flexibility, able to accept differing views without viewing them as challenges to authority, and utilize good ideas from others. Utilize interpersonal skills to motivate and encourage co-workers, understanding that major goals are achieved through teamwork. Demonstrate critical thinking under stressful situations where problems are faced, and thinking quizlet, a willingness to make the right decisions even if they are unpopular. Getting Paid Essay. Display integrity and honesty at all times, honoring promises and defending values when challenged. Set an critical thinking quizlet example for fr leavis essay, others, taking responsibility for successes and failures alike.

Assumed a leadership role in the absence of the supervisor and ensured that the office operated normally. Assisted in the training of 3 new employees to critical thinking quickly integrate them into the department’s workflow. Schedule meetings, appointments, and fr leavis essay, travel arrangements for managers. Compiled, prioritized, and processed all new purchasing orders Keep organized at all times, understanding that efficiency is achieved by critical thinking being mindful of future and often unanticipated needs Accurately estimate the work involved in any task to provide both a timetable and athletes getting paid essay, the effort required for successful completion. Excellent organizational skills to attribute time to carry out responsibilities personally and for each member of the project team. Quizlet. Highly developed communication skills for discussing a project at all levels, with the ability to clearly articulate the work, issues and challenges as they arise in a manner other stakeholders will understand quickly.

Overcome obstacles to project completion by being forward thinking and positive, rather than adhering to the accepted limits. Apply a logical mindset to bring well researched ideas to the table and, and able to dissect counter arguments methodically and without prejudice. Project a positive persona that focuses on the positive outcome of any proposal or counter-proposal rather than the negative, ensuring all parties remain disposed to concessions. Listen actively to phd thesis submission all arguments and ideas presented, and fairly weigh and analyze them before responding with counter-arguments and counter-proposals. Defend positions forcefully when necessary to achieve the best outcome possible for all stakeholders. Thinking Quizlet. Seek out alternative solutions to thinking definitions stubborn problems, and methodically test, reject, and note progress and setbacks. Demonstrates the ability to analyze large volumes of data to find the required information within, efficiently and accurately. Shows comprehensive problem solving ability, producing creative solutions to complex problems. Can identify important concepts within a project to provide effective, targeted research. Can break down complex concepts and thinking, ideas into more manageable tasks for fight postmodern, research purposes. Excellent communication skills that allow clear dissemination of researched data and ideas for further use.

An analytical approach that ensures the identification and streamlining of research opportunities with any given project for critical thinking quizlet, more efficient results. Maintain high levels of self-awareness that enables analysis of one’s own assumptions and values about any given subject. Approach mistakes with a dispassionate demeanor, focusing on finding solutions rather than attributing blame. Project a “customer is always right” attitude at all times, even when clients are being rude and irrational. Keep a professional manner with peers, co-workers, and clients at all times, no matter the circumstances. Avoid emotional confrontation and arguments with peers and start, clients, seeking de-escalate issues and find ways to resolve issues rationally. Adhere to company work schedules and give notice before taking time off. Remain calm under pressure, delivering workable problems during crisis scenarios in a timely manner. Critical Thinking. Perform and oversee multiple individual tasks simultaneously during work projects, ensuring quality and efficiency while remaining within deadlines. Doctoral Dissertation Assistance. Manage chaotic task loads and keep teammates focused and under control during high stress and time-sensitive crisis periods.

Approach complex and tangled problems with a dispassionate disposition that allows an efficient and critical, analytical approach to any problem. Make and defend critical and high risk decisions based on careful research, analysis, and experience, accepting responsibility for critical thinking definitions, the outcomes whatever they may be. Resolve interpersonal conflicts between other parties or personally by remaining objective and actively empathizing with the emotional parties. View every situation in the context of the critical thinking quizlet, broader picture to predict how the team may benefit overall from any given action. Utilize a diverse skillset to complement any team makeup, whether giving or receiving instruction. Convey authority, competence, and a socially oriented attitude by keeping a strictly professional manner at all times. Build friendly relations and easily communicate with teammates, co-workers, and customers through a confident and outgoing demeanor. Seek out new relationships and form large networks of individuals, developing a pool of essay resources and talent that can be tapped to achieve goals and targets.

Project warmth and sincerity to peers and clients, and a willingness to thinking quizlet work together to achieve mutual goals. Team worker who is able to adapt in highly dynamic and changing situations. Edinburgh University Phd Thesis. Collaborated in four-person team to thinking quizlet complete projects in a timely manner and university phd thesis submission, under budget. Tech savvy, with the ability to quickly learn and apply new software applications to critical thinking the position. Desire to club postmodern expand my current skillset and thinking, increase my value as an asset to the company. Broad knowledge base that aids in critical, writing from a position of authority on a wide range of subjects. Highly developed research skills aid in creating accurate, informative and in depth writing on any subject matter.

Expert literary skills ensures error free writing, with perfect grammar and thinking quizlet, style at all times. Adaptable approach allows a writing style that fits with the subject at hand and its intended use. Empathic nature that allows the use of suitable language for the intended audience so that the writing is always on the correct level for its intended readership. Focused and driven to always meet deadlines and targets as required. As much as the words on a resume are important, so is the overall style and design. For more information on thinking definitions, how to critical style your resume like a pro, check out the Resume Genius resume aesthetics guide. thanks for this! We’re glad you found it useful! Good luck on the job hunt. These are very important and helpful information!

Thank you so much! #128578; Happy to help! Let us know how your job hunt goes. This is a wonderful site and very helpful!! Thank you. Thanks for the kind words! Feel free to spread the word.

Share How to Write a Resume Skills Section Our code geeks and HR experts are proud to introduce our new Free Resume Builder software to help you land more interviews in today’s competitive job market. We provide HR-approved resume templates, built-in job description bullet point phrases to choose from, and easy export to MS Word and athletes paid, PDF. Get awesome job opportunities sent directly to your inbox. By clicking Send Me Job Alerts, I agree to the Resume Genius Terms of critical quizlet Use and Privacy Policy. Play the One-Minute Game That’ll Show You How to Improve Your Resume. Think you can judge the quality of doctoral a resume within 6 seconds?

The answer may surprise you. Put your skills to critical quizlet the test, and learn how to make your resume 6 second worthy! 3 Reasons Why I Wouldn't Hire Tom Brady. Tom Brady’s resume is a couple yards short of fight postmodern essay a touchdown. Thinking. There are tons of errors throughout. Thinking. See why. How to Modify and Maximize your Resume Template.

Need a resume template? Feel free to download one, but be sure to make small modifications to unlock your. Would You Rather Work for a Man or a Woman? Do people still care whether they work for a man or woman, or do most people simply look for a nice job. Resume Builder Comparison | Resume Genius vs. Thinking. LinkedIn Labs. What are the differences between the major online resume builders? Here's an in depth analysis of what.

Resume Genius' builder, resources, advice and career tips are regularly featured on edinburgh university, some of the critical, world's leading online and offline publications including: Our code geeks and athletes paid too much essay, HR experts are proud to introduce our new Free Resume Builder software to quizlet help you land more interviews in today's competitive job market. HR-proven resume templates, built-in job description bullet point phrases to choose from, and easily export to MS Word and PDF.

Academic Proofreading -

50 Inspiring Resume Designs: And What You Can Learn From Them. Your resume or CV may be one of the critical quizlet most important projects you ever design. It can make or break job applications, open doors to getting paid too much essay new careers, make a great (or dismal) first impression. When you send out your resume, you’re really sending out a piece of yourself. So make sure it’s representing you to critical thinking your best advantage. Fr Leavis Essay! Just like how you dress your best for an interview, it’s important to quizlet give your resume the same treatment — to make sure it’s polished and presentable. The 50 resume designs below span a wide range of styles, from strictly businesslike to the best ultra creative — browse through them to critical thinking get some ideas for updating your own resume. Designing your own is easy with our wide collection of beautiful resume templates. Click the image to see more resume templates.

Starting off your resume strong with a bold header, like in this design by Shed Labs for Loft Resumes, draws attention to your name and makes it more memorable. Fr Leavis Essay! You can also include a few keywords or descriptors under your name that sum up who you are as a candidate. This chessboard-style layout is certainly striking, giving each category its own distinct space. Critical Thinking Quizlet! But Mikha Makhoul’s resume is still somewhat subdued thanks to the simple black-and-white color scheme; it doesn’t sacrifice professionalism for visual interest. Some well-placed shadows can make your resume pop, literally — giving it a 3D appearance and doctoral dissertation assistance creating the critical thinking illusion of depth. Doctoral Dissertation Assistance! Errol Veloso explains how he chose the critical colors of getting too much his design purposefully: blue to symbolize his creative side and red to symbolize his analytic side. Try using shapes and frames for emphasis. Critical Thinking Quizlet! You can experiment with geometric shapes (circles, squares, rectangles), ribbons, or solid or dashed lines. Here, Michael Long frames his name and his role to help them stand out. A cohesive color scheme of cool blues and minty hues gives this information-packed, infographic-style resume by Joseph Acena a visual theme and an orderly, coordinated look. Using a horizontal orientation (instead of the traditional vertical format) immediately gives your resume an edge in terms of way to essay attracting attention.

Other strong points of critical thinking this design by Justin Schueler include a balanced, un-crowded layout and plenty of negative space. There seems to be a trend, at least in edinburgh submission, industries where you can take some risks with your resume, to forget the stuffy business lingo and thinking quizlet show that there’s a human behind the piece of paper. Using a more conversational tone, as David Elgena has done with his “Hello, nice to meet you. Here’s a little about getting paid, me” header at the top of critical thinking this resume, may help you create rapport with the edinburgh university person who’s reviewing your application before you even meet them. This resume by Kyle Robertson features a custom crest with Kyle’s name and a catchy tagline. Creating a distinctive personal brand or style for yourself (such as a personal logo, a color scheme, a nice selection of thinking quizlet fonts, etc.) gives your work an extra sheen of athletes getting essay professionalism (and an opportunity to show off your abilities).

Plus, once you put the work in, this “brand” is something you can use over and over thinking again — on university phd thesis submission, letterhead, business cards, social media profiles, you name it. For a unique take on traditional resume colors, try light text on a dark background, as Abdullah Al Mamun has done here. Just make sure that your font is critical thinking quizlet, weighty enough to fr leavis essay be easily readable and not get lost against the background. This clean resume by critical, Patrick Rogan uses a bright splash of color and edinburgh whittles down the information to only the basics (skills and thinking past positions). Icons in the skills section provide a visual reference that still complements the start essay simplistic style.

Printing your resume on textured paper can give an critical thinking, impression of quality, craftsmanship, or luxury. If a color other than white seems inappropriate for your industry, try a white or cream-colored paper with a slight texture for an ultra-professional, upscale look. This example by S.N. Carter, printed on a recycled or kraft-style paper, gives the resume a custom, hand-printed feel. When applying for a position where a more creative approach isn’t appropriate, it’s always a safe bet to opt for a simple, text-based resume with clean fonts. Here, Frank Schamhart has embellished his resume slightly with minimal use of an accent color and a small personal portrait. If you’re after a job in the arts or some other highly visual industry, make your resume a mini portfolio like illustrator Rianti Hidayat has done here. Bradley Brooks keeps his resume businesslike with a classic black-and-white color scheme, but livens things up with a modular layout and edinburgh university phd thesis a personal logo. Critical! Infographic-style resumes have become popular, and they can be effective when done well.

But they should be more than a collection of pretty pictures; the images should, at a glance, tell something about you and complement or enhance the text, like in this resume design by Rachel Winter. If you’re seeking work in an industry where appearance is important, or the job has asked you to edinburgh university include a portrait, try integrating it into your resume. It doesn’t have to critical quizlet be the center of attention, though — you can make it a bit more subtle by using a small picture or placing it behind a colored screen, like in thinking, Egotype’s resume template. Mailing out some resumes? Make opening yours up a memorable experience, like Amber Van Mieghem has done with this clever folding resume. Wishing you could infuse a little creativity into your plain, corporate resume? Try a monogram with your initials, like Bill Mawhinney has done for quizlet this resume template. It adds a little style while still keeping the overall presentation very businesslike. You can use the same graphic on your cover letter to definitions give your application a polished, pulled-together look.

If you have some creative leeway in creating your resume, using a non-rectangular shape will be sure to attract attention, like John Mujica’s round resume does here. If you do format your resume in any unusual shape, just make sure all the text is readable. You’ve only got one name. Critical Thinking Quizlet! Make it memorable. If it’s unique, highlight it. Make it big and bold, like Fredrik Andresen did on his resume. Critical! Give the hiring manager something to thinking quizlet zero in doctoral dissertation assistance marx, on.

Your font choices can change the whole character of your resume. Thinking Quizlet! For instance, the rounded fonts with soft edges that Louis Omari has used for his resume have a more casual, friendly feel than sharper, serif fonts might have. Need to show your qualifications on the run? Post your resume online and make it mobile-friendly, like Julien Renvoye has done. You can include your resume on your personal website or even post it to edinburgh submission networking platforms like LinkedIn. Use blocks of color and/or lines to thinking quizlet separate different sections of your resume, give it structure, and make it easy to navigate visually. This template from Beautiful Resumes features vibrant colors, but you could just as easily get the same effect with a more subtle color scheme.

If you’re going the infographic route, think of effective ways that you can use different types of doctoral assistance graphs to represent your skills, experience, or background, like Martin Suster did here. Organizing your resume with columns, like this three-column layout Anton Yermolov used, keeps the information tidy, creates clear divisions between sections, and helps you keep everything sharply aligned. Critical Thinking! Use a sidebar in fr leavis essay, your resume to call attention to extra (or extra important) information that you want to highlight. Here, Ola Hamdy used a colored sidebar to separate her personal and contact information from her educational and professional details. Although this resume design is critical thinking, text-heavy, Gershom Charig mixes things up with a two-color scheme and a word cloud to athletes getting paid creatively represent the breadth of his skills and experience. Similar in function to critical thinking the word cloud above, various sizes of circles represent Silviu Schiau’s proficiency in various areas, such as management and design. The size of the circles corresponds with his amount of experience — a fresh way to illustrate core competencies. Give the university submission person looking at critical, your resume an university submission, excuse to find out more about you. Including a link to critical your website or portfolio (or even a QR code, as Krysten Newby has done here) acts as a good prompt. If your job history includes working for big companies with recognizable logos, feature them on your resume.

Tamas Leb has included space to do so on this resume template, and it makes an the best out an essay, impressive statement, even at a glance. For creative resumes, a theme can give you a starting point to build a one-of-a-kind design and think about innovative ways to present your information. Here, Peter Kisteman’s laboratory theme makes a strong visual statement and gives his artistic background a scientific, experimental dimension. Putting your resume in a folder or other kind of holder gives you more space to critical quizlet showcase your experience and accomplishments, plus the extra tactile feature makes it memorable, as with this design from S1M. The vertical timeline on the outside offers an immediate visual representation of the candidate’s career history.

This traditional black, white, and gray design by Brice Seraphin brightens up quite nicely with some turquoise as an accent. This can be done with any color (and you may want to tone it down depending on your industry), but vibrant hues have particular impact. Besides being another nice example of using an accent color, this design by Adam Rozmus keeps things clean and simple, showing that resumes don’t have to edinburgh university phd thesis submission be fancy to make a good impression. Thinking Quizlet! If competition is stiff, try standing out with a resume package that gives you some space to demonstrate your abilities, develop a personal brand, and assistance marx include more information than the limited area of critical thinking quizlet a one-page resume allows for. Here, Sabrae Precure uses a distinct color scheme and the best essay custom illustrations to thinking quizlet stand out from the athletes paid essay crowd. Critical Quizlet! This resume by Gabriel Valdivia combines a traditional format (the typical positions, dates, and short descriptions) with pictorial elements that provide a more personal touch. Start! As if to say that a normal paper resume just won’t cut it, Alison Root got clever with her resume presentation, which demonstrates that she thinks outside the box. This sample resume from Rahul Chakraborty features bold typography and bright colors for a high-impact look that will make people take notice. There may be times when it’s ok to critical thinking quizlet let your sense of doctoral dissertation assistance marx humor shine through in critical quizlet, your resume; it makes you more relatable, more likable. Critical Definitions! For instance, check out the pronunciation guide Nick Iannuccilli provided for critical thinking quizlet his difficult last name. Using a border is a good way to add a little bit of color to your resume, as Evelien Callens has done here, without worrying about too much, looking unprofessional.

Stylistically, this design is a good compromise between customary and more creative resumes. Critical Quizlet! The two-color, mostly traditional layout uses graphic elements sparingly but purposefully. As a nice touch, Dan Hernandez has branded his cover letter with the same style, which is a smart idea if your job application involves submitting multiple documents. Marx! Sometimes you have to do what you can to get noticed. For an critical, illustrator like Lucia Paul, hand-drawing her resume is both appropriate for her industry and gives her a standout way to display her skills. Big, bold typography, a high-contrast color scheme, and a well-organized presentation all combine to way to out an make sure Joao Andrade’s resume gets looked at. No long-winded explanations of job roles here. Just the critical thinking quizlet essentials — enough to get someone interested in wanting to know more about Gianina Santiago and edinburgh phd thesis submission her background. Clean, sans-serif fonts, relatively little text, and lots of white space give Maxat Malbekov’s resume a sleek look that’s easy to critical thinking achieve if you condense your resume down to essay only the most relevant information. If you have a lot of critical thinking quizlet information you need to fit on one page, take a tip from this design by Halle Rasco and use easy-to-read fonts and fr leavis essay clear headings for critical quizlet each section.

Need to keep your resume fairly conservative? A two-column layout with a businesslike blue-gray accent color gives this otherwise traditional resume from ResumeBaker some extra interest. The Best Way To Start Essay! Syril Bobadilla’s illustrations are whimsical and kid-friendly, and her resume reflects that style. Notice how she also created matching business cards for a cohesive personal brand. Even if your industry doesn’t allow as much creative expression as someone in the arts, you can express your personality in critical thinking quizlet, more subtle ways, like through font choices or an accent color. Edinburgh Phd Thesis! Resumes don’t always have to read from left to critical thinking quizlet right, top to bottom. You can play with the layout of your resume to make the best and most visually interesting use of the space you have available, like Milena Filipova has done here. You can use a grid structure to organize your resume and make it easier to navigate, similarly to how Orlando Silva designed this template. If applicable, you might also try including some pieces from edinburgh phd thesis submission your portfolio right on the resume (so your abilities are on display at first glance).

As you can see from the examples above, there are many approaches you can take to designing your resume. But no matter what style or format you choose, there are a few things you want to make sure to get right: Readable text Industry-appropriate style (if unsure, play it safe with a conservative design.) Updated and critical thinking accurate information No spelling/grammar errors. Now it#8217;s your turn. Too Much Essay! Put these skills into action! Bring great design to your entire workplace.

Janie is critical thinking, a freelance writer and graphic designer and the owner of Design Artistree Creative Studio. After college, she built on her background in art to assistance marx explore design. and loved it. Now, she enjoys finding ways to combine the craftsmanship of traditional fine arts with the digital possibilities of thinking quizlet graphic design. Design The Perfect Google+ Banner Image With Tips And E. 50 Unique and Engaging About Us Pages to Inspire You. These Are Some of The Most Beautiful Album Covers We#8. Graphic Design From Around the World: Spanish Design.

60 Free Outline Icon Sets Perfect for Contemporary Desi. Doctoral Dissertation Assistance! 60 Free Fonts for Minimalist Designs. 50 Free Headline Fonts Built For Impact And Audience En. Critical! 50 Beautiful Free Wallpapers For Creatives [2015 Editio. 50 Design Terms Explained Simply For Non-Designers. Edinburgh! The 30 Best Free Social Media Icon Sets of 2015. 100 Brilliant Color Combinations and How to Apply Them . Free Icons: 49 Best Sites To Find Beautiful And Useful . 60 Awesome Free Tools To Create A Visual Marketing Camp. Free Stock Photos: 73 Best Sites To Find Awesome Free I. You're almost there! You’ll receive an email soon to quizlet confirm your subscription. Empowering the world to design.

Get your dream job! Design a resume to impress using Canva#8217;s amazingly simple drag-and-drop design tool.

Write My Essay : 100% Original Content -

control z resume It’s five years since I began the Nee Naw blog. Back then, I thought that few people beyond my real life friends would be interested. I was delighted when it started getting over fifty readers per day. Four years later, that became in excess of three thousand readers and, beyond my wildest dreams, a book deal!

I have had some brilliant experiences because of this blog. For instance, appearing live on Radio Four (and nervously talking nonsense about stink bombs), being the subject of critical thinking quizlet, a four page spread in The Times, having boxes of paid too much essay, Percy Pigs unexpectedly turn up in the post and critical thinking, seeing my book sandwiched between Cheryl Cole and Russell Brand in the biography section (though I was less impressed to find it in the “Tragic Life Stories” section at Smiths in Walthamstow). I will never forget all the dissertation marx great people at Penguin who worked so hard with me to make my book just how I dreamed it would be. But best of all are the emails I got (and am still getting) from readers, who tell me that they’ve learned something from me, and that because of critical thinking quizlet, Nee Naw they’ve managed to stay calm in an emergency, or go on a first aid course, or even apply to become an EMD like me! Unfortunately, my fifteen minutes of fame also had its downside, and thinking, without going into detail, in the end I felt I had no alternative but to bring Nee Naw to its end. I’m posting this now because I don’t want you to think that I’ve dropped off the face of the thinking quizlet earth, or taken the money and run. I miss my blog more than you can imagine. Sometimes on my break I will sit mentally composing blog posts from the day’s calls, then I realise there is no longer anywhere for them to fr leavis essay, go, and quizlet, those posts shrivel and fr leavis essay, die. Critical Quizlet. As a blogger without a blog, sometimes I feel like I have shrivelled and died a little bit too. Some days I think of doctoral dissertation assistance marx, starting a new blog, about one of thinking quizlet, my other passions – Leyton Orient? Katie Price?

Percy Pigs? I can’t imagine many people would want to read that, let alone publish it, and maybe that’s the whole point. Until then, I’d just like to thank everyone for fight club essay, reading and supporting me for these last five years. Goodbye for now! It was the middle of the afternoon on critical thinking quizlet Christmas Day, and a desperate sounding old lady called 999. “Do you know where they’ve taken my husband?” she begged. “He only popped out for some gravy. Fr Leavis Essay. I didn’t realise we’d run out, you see. Critical Quizlet. The shop is thinking only down the critical thinking road! An hour later, he hadn’t come back from the shop, so I went round there myself. They said a man fitting his description had collapsed and they’d called an ambulance!” “What’s the address of the shop?” asked the call taker. (Although we are not allowed to give out details of calls and where patients have been taken because of the data protection act, we can give callers information that might help them find a relative, like suggesting which hospital to call.)

The call taker inputted the address of the shop. It was at this point the fight postmodern essay call appeared on my screen. I knew exactly where her husband was. “Have you tried ringing Queens A+E?” said the call taker. “Yes, they said no one of critical quizlet, his name had been brought in!” said the old lady. I knew why that was too.

When the ambulance crew arrived, her husband had been in cardiac arrest. His heart had only fr leavis essay, just stopped beating, so the critical thinking crew had worked on him all the way to hospital. No one in fr leavis essay, the shop knew his name or where he lived and thinking, there was no time to find out. He was booked into A+E as “Unknown Male”. It was only when the doctors decided to critical definitions, terminate the resus attempt that attention turned to identifying him. We’d called the police – thankfully, tracing the relatives of unidentified deceased people is not one of our jobs. The call taker read all of quizlet, this on the log of the doctoral assistance marx call.

Then he went back to the old lady. In a careful, measured voice, he took the old lady’s details and logged them on critical thinking the call. He told her to stay at doctoral assistance marx home and someone would be in touch. He couldn’t tell her where her beloved husband was, but he knew that very soon, the police would be interrupting her Christmas afternoon to tell her that her husband lay dead in Queens Hospital, wearing a tag reading “Unknown Male”. I’m back! Did you miss me? I spent a month in Australia, visiting Sydney, Alice Springs and surrounding desert and tropical North Queensland. I had a whale of a time and critical quizlet, didn’t want to way to, come back.

Oddly enough, when I went to critical, Queensland I found my hotel was right next to the local ambulance station. I might have stood around taking photos of it like a right old spotter. I swear this wasn’t planned. When I got back from Australia I decided to take a bit of a blogging holiday. Life is critical definitions a bit hectic at thinking quizlet the moment and morale at Nee Naw Control isn’t exactly high right now. Dissertation. It never is this time of year, especially for quizlet, those of dissertation, us who are working Christmas and New Year and not getting any extra pay, whilst our colleagues who are rostered off are eligible for quizlet, triple pay if they choose to the best way to out an, come in. Ouch. Anyway, I’m back now with some tales of seasonal woe. You will not be surprised to learn that it’s been very busy over the last couple of weeks due to a combination of horrible weather and people overindulging at Christmas parties. The “horrible weather” calls, unsurprisingly, are generally more deserving than the “overindulging” ones.

Most are complete timewasters who call us because their mate is too drunk to get in a cab and they are too scared to ring his mother. But there are some exceptions. Thinking. The other night, we blued a young woman in after a “sambuca overdose”. She was completely unconscious, though I suspect she’ll recover with no more than a serious hangover and patchy memory. But then… “30YOM” I read on university phd thesis my screen. “UNCONSCIOUS. NOT BREATHING.” As soon as I’d sent the ambulances, I called the police – standard procedure for any unexplained cardiac arrest in a young person. The police came straight back to warn us they had no officers available. I had to make the decision whether to tell the crew to hold off until there were police available (endangering the patient) or go straight in (possibly endangering the crew). I lifted the phone to critical thinking quizlet, listen in doctoral, and heard someone, who I presumed was the patient’s mother, talking to the call taker.

She was upset but coherent. “He had so much to drink last night… I think he’s choked on his vomit, he’s covered…” she wept. Someone in the background was doing CPR. I could hear the crunching of the patient’s ribs. “No,” said the call taker. Thinking. “You must carry on, unless he’s started breathing by himself…” I recoiled from the phone as I heard the most awful sound. The rasps of agonal breathing with additional… bubbling. The call taker had clearly heard enough too. “Yes, I can hear, but you MUST carry on with the compressions until the ambulance arrives,” he commanded. “Tell your husband to dissertation marx, keep going and to count aloud and I’ll tell you when the ambulance arrives.” Right on cue, the critical thinking quizlet first ambulance pulled up outside the edinburgh door (we’d let them know it sounded safe to go in), so I hung up and let the call taker know it was time to get someone outside. They got him back.

A matter of minutes later, he was blued in, post cardiac arrest, breathing regularly, blood pressure and pulse not bad, considering. He was starting to regain consciousness. Like a lot of thinking quizlet, people, I bet he’ll be vowing never to drink again when he comes round. Unlike a lot of them, he might actually mean it. We received a call to a male who was suffering from amnesia… … when the crew arrived, no one could remember making the 999 call… Today, Banana Man did not ring to offer us a banana once. He rang to tell us that he is getting married. Today I was allocating the central part of the South East desk.

I like this desk. The reason I like this desk is because it contains Waterloo Ambulance Station, which is athletes too much essay directly behind Control. So when you send an ambulance to a call, you can see it drive past the window on blue lights. For some reason, this makes me happy. I’m easily pleased. Joe is critical a paramedic who’s had enough. Fr Leavis Essay. He works on an FRU in an area notorious for misuse of the service and unsavoury characters. Critical Quizlet. He has spent the last umpteen years dashing through the streets on too much blue lights to be greeted with pregnant ladies brandishing their neatly packed suitcases or twenty-year-olds with colds who wanted him to bring them the paracetamol. He’s filled out endless LA52s (‘incident report forms’) after being abused by the local scrotes and That Regular Who Dribbled on Reynolds’ Arm. Joe can’t remember the last time he was sent to someone who was actually seriously ill. I think if you offered Joe a nice little job in a cake shop instead, he’d snap it up – and to be honest, he’d have more chance of using his skills there, should someone overdose on critical quizlet cake and arrest on critical the shop floor.

Joe likes to phone us on the desk for thinking quizlet, a good-natured whinge about most of his calls. He knows all our names, and we recognise his voice instantly. Usually he calls after he’s finished with the patient – “You’ll never guess what – she’d had the rash for critical thinking, six years and thinking quizlet, decided to edinburgh submission, call 999 now, at 11pm on Saturday night!” – but occasionally he can’t contain himself and calls on the radio whilst speeding to the call. Saturday was one such occasion. “Why is thinking quizlet this swine flu call a Cat A?” he complained. “Because the patient is having chest pain…” said the radio op.

“He’s probably got a cough! Why do I have to go… I know, I have to…” sighed Joe. “Okay, thank you.” Thirty minutes later, my phone rang. On the other end was an the best way to essay extremely animated Joe. “What happened?” I asked, anticipating another tale of outrageous timewasting. “This 24-year-old, right, been in bed with swine flu for quizlet, a week. Looks rough and sweaty, but people generally do with flu. He tells me he’s feeling much worse and that his chest hurts, so I wire him up to the heart monitor – that’s protocol for anyone with chest pain. I read the monitor printout, and he’s only having a heart attack! At that point, the critical definitions ambulance pulls up, so I shout over to them to get a move on so we can blue light him into quizlet, the cardiac hospital.

We get him on the best way to out an the trolley, and critical thinking quizlet, he goes into fr leavis essay, cardiac arrest right in front of my eyes! I couldn’t believe it!” “What happened next?” I asked. “Well, it’s so long since I dealt with a workable arrest that I thought for a minute I’d forgotten what to do!” said Joe. “But it all came back. Two shocks with the defib and we got him back. He was only down for about thirty seconds and he’s partially conscious now. Crew have just blued him in, I followed them to critical, hospital in case he went down again, but he didn’t.” “You didn’t want to go on that call,” I reminded him. “You thought it was another time waster – admittedly, so did we! Just goes to getting essay, show, you can never be sure. I bet you won’t complain about the quizlet ‘rubbish’ calls we sent you on phd thesis in future.” Do you think Joe ever complained about a call again?

Yes, of course he did. Critical Thinking Quizlet. But he was quiet for at doctoral marx least a week… Since the deaths of critical thinking quizlet, Enid Whiner and Horace Halfpenny, the edinburgh university phd thesis submission East Central desk has been somewhat short of quizlet, regulars. We only really have two, a crazy pensioner who consistently tells us she’s had a fall and then shouts at fr leavis essay the ambulance crew when they have the temerity to turn up at her flat, and a nasty psychopathic drug user who calls from phone boxes telling us about his nuclear weapons and occasionally dribbles on Tom Reynolds’ uniform. Today, however, saw the return of one very regular regular, one I had never hoped to hear from again. Back in critical thinking, my call taking days, the ambulance service was absolutely terrorised by one very persistent individual, who would make call after call after call, mostly to the same fictitious address in edinburgh, Bethnal Green, and occasionally (just for a change) to Gatwick Airport. The diagnosis was always a variation on one of three themes: offering or requesting a banana; telling us about his itchy penis; requesting help because someone had collapsed due to dizziness (often on the airport runway). It is not an exaggeration to say this man made thousands of calls or that every single call taker had been driven to distraction by him. However, in August last year, the critical thinking quizlet police finally caught up with him, and to everyone’s relief, the calls stopped. It emerged that he was a disabled teenager, and for this reason the police went easy on him, and postmodern, I heard Social Services had tried to show him the error of his ways and critical, arranged a visit to Ambulance Control to show him what we do. The Best Start. (Personally, I am not sure this last bit was a good idea.

There are a few people in Control who would have had difficulty maintaining a polite demeanour if they had known who he was). Anyway, today – a busy Friday afternoon – I was sitting in critical quizlet, front of a screenful of calls of varying seriousness and dissertation, wondering how I was going to cover the lot of them with two cars, a green truck and a push bike, when a familiar address in Bethnal Green popped up. “What??” said G from the radio, thinking something important had happened. “NOOOOOOOO” said G, and everyone else within earshot. They were all traumatised by Banana Incidents from the call taking days, too. I’ll tell you one thing, though – now I’m an allocator on the East Central Desk, there is NO WAY I am going to allow Banana Man to critical, resume his reign of terror. I am NOT having him jeopardising the safety of my patients and edinburgh university phd thesis submission, I am not having my ambulance crews running around on wild goose chases after his dizzy itchy runway banana! I have started a log of all of thinking, his hoax calls (there were eight this afternoon) and I will be passing it on getting paid essay to Management, the thinking quizlet police, the local greengrocer and air traffic control. Dissertation Marx. Banana Man will be stopped! No bananas on my manor!

I thought I’d heard everything there was to critical thinking quizlet, hear in this job. But today we had a call that was so bizarre and horrible that it left us speechless. A woman committed suicide. Fight Club Postmodern Essay. She didn’t use one of the “normal” methods like cutting her wrists or overdosing. She didn’t even go for the more dramatic jumping under a train or hanging herself. Thinking. No, she choked herself to university submission, death with a large quantity of critical thinking, marshmallows. It was the sort of call that you look at thinking and think “no… this can’t be… they’ll get there and it’ll all be a misunderstanding. Or a hoax.

She couldn’t possibly have…” But she had. The call was exactly as given. She was already dead by critical thinking quizlet the time the crew arrived. We often like to share a bag of fr leavis essay, Flumps on the East Central during nightshifts, but I think we’ll be giving them a miss from now on. You called 999 and told us that your friend had been attacked by a group of ten or more youths. Thinking Quizlet. He’d been stabbed, you told the call taker, come quickly. Fr Leavis Essay. He’s lying unconscious in thinking, a pool of blood. You weren’t sure if he was breathing, you said. The call taker you spoke to was new. The adrenaline rose in him as he gave you the critical thinking definitions instructions.

He told you how to quizlet, maintain your friend’s airway, but you dropped the phone and didn’t come back. His trainer reassured him that he’d done everything right, but he still worried. He’d never taken a call like this before. Meanwhile, the allocator upstairs looked at your call and took the decision to divert the ambulance from Mrs Jones, age 85, two streets away, who was in the midst of a heart attack, and sent it to phd thesis submission, your friend instead. She’d have to wait a couple of minutes longer for the second nearest ambulance to reach her.

Hopefully those minutes wouldn’t mean the difference between life and death. HEMS, the quizlet air ambulance, was dispatched, with a doctor and a paramedic on board. Did you know it costs HEMS an average of assistance, one thousand pounds every time it takes off? HEMS is a charity, so that’s money people have collected in jars, doing bungee jumps, shaving their heads, money given to help people. Because HEMS went to thinking, help you, it wasn’t available for fight essay, poor little Johnny Taylor who was hit by a car ten minutes later on the other side of thinking quizlet, London, and broke his leg in submission, two places. As the police, the ambulance crew, the ambulance manager and the HEMS team ran to the spot where you said your friend lay dying, they found nothing. Just a phone box with the quizlet handset dangling from the receiver and a rustle in the bushes as you ran away laughing. Did you feel proud? Everyone knew Horace Halfpenny. He was a foul-mouthed, malodorous drunk who thought nothing of flinging his colostomy bag (and occasionally part of his innards) at the professionals who tried to help him. Horace was the proverbial bad penny.

We simply couldn’t get rid of him. He was banned from nearly every hospital in London, but he still called. A crew took him to Harlow, but days later he was back. He nearly died after setting fire to his nearly acquired council flat, but again, he was back before we knew it. Managers, police, social workers all got on the case and tried to stop Horace calling but to no avail. He was here, there, everywhere, popping up all over London with the infernal refrain: “MY BOWELS ARE HANGING OUT!” But now Horace will never be calling us again. Because Horace Halfpenny is dead. It seems that what Horace didn’t tell us that as well as the issues with his bowels and his burns, Horace was also suffering from athletes essay lung cancer. Last weekend, a crew picked him up and poor Horace didn’t even have the energy to wave his colostomy bag around or swear at the crew. Critical. He lay forlornly in the back of the doctoral assistance marx ambulance, his face a shade of grey.

“He’s not trying to assault us – he must be really sick,” said one of the paramedics. “Better blue him in.” They got to the hospital, but Horace died soon after. It was then that they discovered that Horace had cancer. The news spread round the quizlet control room like wildfire. “I thought he hadn’t called for a while,” I said. “I should have known something was wrong…” “I’ll kind of doctoral dissertation, miss him,” said our Area Controller. “Kind of.” The world will be a quieter place without Horace. A less smelly, safer place where crews no longer have to duck flying colostomy bags too, but we will miss him in our own way. We had a call last week which read as follows: “78 year old male. Scrotum has swollen to thinking quizlet, three times size of a football.” “Three times the submission size of a football?” I said incredulously, almost forgetting to critical, send the ambulance out in my horror. “A football is this big… so three footballs… that’s impossible! It would almost reach the postmodern floor!” “Maybe it’s a misprint?” suggested colleague G. “Perhaps he meant ‘scrotum has swollen to three times normal size, is now size of football’” “More feasible,” I said. “But still rating quite highly in the Enormous Scrotum stakes.” “What are you lot squealing about?” said Male Management, peering over my shoulder. “OH MY GOD OUCH! Have you told HEMS?

Oh my god! Ouch!” I meant to ask the crew exactly how large the offending scrotum was and the cause of the ailment once they were free, but I got distracted by lots of people getting sick and critical thinking, injured and never got round to it. So it shall remain a mystery. Life has been a little bit hectic recently so sorry for the best way to out an essay, the lack of blogging! I do have some ambulance tales coming quite soon but in thinking quizlet, the meantime, here’s a quick plug for a great book. The Darkest Hour by Katherine Howell (Amazon link here) has just been released in fr leavis essay, the UK. Katherine is an Australian ex-paramedic who writes thrilling crime novels with paramedics as the protagonists.

Her characters never go to maternataxis or piggy sniffles – they go to people who’ve fallen off trains or psychos who hold them hostage! The Darkest Hour is every bit as exciting as her first (Frantic) and has had some great reviews. One paper said that she is set to do for paramedics what Patricia Cornwell did for forensic pathologists! Anyway, I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves ambulance action, crime thrillers or just plain old good fiction! As some of you may know, when I originally started work for the LAS five years ago, I really wanted to critical thinking quizlet, be a paramedic, and fr leavis essay, working in the control room was an interim measure until I passed my driving test. I soon hit a stumbling block when I discovered I was actually completely terrible at driving.

I also found that I enjoyed working in the control room a lot more than I expected, particularly when I was promoted to allocator earlier this year. I would also find the pay drop from allocator to critical thinking quizlet, student paramedic totally crippling, as I live on my own in London and have a lot of athletes getting, student debts. Critical. In short, the paramedic dreams and driving lessons kind of fell by the wayside. However, 2009 has been a year of fr leavis essay, everything miraculously going right for me, and thinking quizlet, therefore I decided to give my driving test a fifth and final try. If there was any time for fight postmodern essay, me to pass, it would be now. After all, compared with some of the critical thinking quizlet things I’ve achieved this year, it should be a breeze, right? On the club postmodern essay other hand, if I failed again, I could say with certainty: “Okay, it’s time to give up. I tried my hardest and I couldn’t do it and now it is time to stop wasting my time and money.” Of course, life always presents you with the one outcome you didn’t bargain for. I failed – but I failed by a whisker. I failed on the sodding reverse around the thinking blooming corner, even though I know this is critical thinking definitions a manoeuvre I can perform in my sleep.

I failed because I was so bloody nervous that my leg was shaking like an epileptic and I couldn’t control the clutch and the car hopped all the way round the quizlet corner and athletes getting, up towards the kerb, and then I panicked and lost control of the steering and stalled the car and it was a TOTAL MESS. Thinking Quizlet. Then we drove on and I pootled happily around the North Circular and fight postmodern, round Charlie Brown’s roundabout taking the third exit with white van men and kamikaze drivers in beaten up Escorts cutting into me and failing to utilise any signals. I did a perfect turn in the road and thinking quizlet, sailed up and the best essay, down Woodford New Road without breaking the speed limit. I pulled off a hill start in heavy traffic. Even my examiner said he was impressed with my driving – just not with my stupid reverse around a corner. If I had been a miserable failure, it would have been easy to say “that’s that” and quit with honour. It would have been an easy decision to give up wasting ?20 a week (the price of a ticket to Brighton, a bottle of champagne or two posh eyeshadows!) on driving lessons. I would never have had to face a ?10k pay cut in critical quizlet, order to become a student paramedic. Paid Essay. I could give up the dream of driving an ambulance, knowing I was chasing something that was never going to critical, happen, and concentrate on what I do have instead.

But I was so close… And “Nee Naw 2: From Room to Road” is a book that is just itching to be written. So I think I will give it one more go. In a few months’ time, though. I think I’ve got enough to the best way to essay, be getting on with at the moment. The comments on my post about swine flu have been really eyeopening. There were one or two that made me angry and thinking, think “this commenter is the best way to out an PRECISELY the quizlet sort of person who ignores the advice in the best way to start out an essay, the media and thinks they are entitled to critical thinking quizlet, abuse the 999 service” but mainly I saw people who were terrified of getting swine flu and worried that their GP service won’t be able to do enough if they do. Club. For a couple of commenters, these fears had become a reality as they or a relative had caught swine flu, and critical quizlet, not all were satisfied with the service they’d received from GPs etc.

For those people, 999 had become an option because they felt they had nowhere else to turn. Fr Leavis Essay. This is still a misuse of the service, but it’s one borne out of fear and caring, not selfishness and critical quizlet, entitlement. Dissertation Marx. I understand this – I’m terrified of getting it too, not because of being ill but because I’m worried how we will cope at work if half the Control staff are off sick. Critical Thinking Quizlet. We’re already in critical definitions, isolation (no visitors in the room, even ambulance crews) and being asked to thinking, spray ourselves and the equipment with various noxious antiseptics. I do think people are panicking unnecessarily because the number of thinking definitions, deaths is tiny, and normal flu can kill too, but the thinking media circus is postmodern mainly to blame for that. Just to clarify, when I said we should be turning people with swine flu away, I did NOT mean people who are seriously ill. High risk groups and anyone with life threatening symptoms would never get turned away if I were making the rules.

The people who WOULD get turned away are people who haven’t bothered ringing their GP, haven’t bothered taking medication for their symptoms, who feel they should never be ill and that we should be able to provide a quick fix. People with mild symptoms who just want to critical, get a diagnosis of swine flu. Healthy 20-somethings who can open the door to the ambulance crew. I think that those of you who go by the book and only call us out as a last resort really have NO IDEA of the marx number of people who misuse the service or the frustration of crews and control staff. One paramedic rang me yesterday at the end of his tether. “This is the fourth case of mild, non life threatening swine flu I’ve been to today!” he lamented as he gave me the details to arrange a GP, just as the patient should have done for himself. “I am so going to catch it.

But it’s not me I am worried about – I have a baby, a toddler and a pregnant wife. They’re all in critical thinking, high risk groups.” “I know,” I said. “It frustrates me as well, but what can we do? We have to the best essay, send.” “I’ll put that on my baby’s gravestone, shall I?” huffed the paramedic. “Sorry, I know it’s not your fault. But please try and thinking, send me to something else next!” Fortunately, the new swine flu centres and hotline should be operational very soon, so we won’t have to send ambulances to swine flu patients unless they really need them.

“Call a hambulance! I’ve eaten too many Percy Pigs and postmodern, now I think I’ve got swine flu!” I’ve just come back from critical three weeks’ leave and found the service absolutely inundated with calls from edinburgh phd thesis submission people who think they have swine flu. No one seems to have taken any notice whatsoever of the NHS’s advice, which is to ring your GP if you are worried that you may have a touch of hamthrax. Critical. (The only expection is if someone develops life threatening symptoms as a result of the doctoral flu, which is extremely rare and usually only seen in people who had poor health to thinking quizlet, start with). Way To Start Out An. No, the general public have cleverly decided that they want to critical thinking quizlet, take their piggy germs to club postmodern, a hospital where they can spread it to thousands of sick and pregnant people and on their way infect a poor ambulance crew who will then go off sick for a week, leaving our resources even more stretched. As usual, we are not allowed to refuse anyone an ambulance, so the thinking crews have no option but to mask up and go in. Once they arrive and confirm that the situation is a non life threatening case of suspected swine flu, the crews just have to arrange a GP for getting too much essay, the patients like they should have done themselves in the first place . Our protocol is that all GP requests are made via Control, because our phone lines are recorded and crews’ mobiles aren’t, so we have been run off our feet calling GPs this weekend. While we are used to critical thinking, making the odd call to GPs whilst getting on with our job, it is extremely dangerous to have allocators and radio ops tied up on fr leavis essay these calls when they are supposed to be allocating and operating radios.

Personally, I’d like to see a blanket no send policy on all calls to patients with flu symptoms only unless the call has been authorised by a doctor. Call takers should just be able to quizlet, say “Are you worried you have swine flu? Well, you shouldn’t be calling us. Call a GP instead.” and the patient would go away and sort out their own GP without tying us up. I can’t see that happening, though. It is doctoral dissertation all very stressful. I never want to see another pig again. I am even off my Percy Pigs though I am sure that will pass.

I just hope no one in the control room catches it, because I’m sure if they do we will all go down with it and then there will be a huge staffing crisis and critical thinking, I will have to critical definitions, do lots of overtime. Last week, work arranged for a bunch of us from Control to thinking, go to Heathrow Airport to meet the Heathrow Nee Naws and have a behind-the-scenes tour. As a big fan of the postmodern TV programme Airline and a total spotter, I jumped at the chance. It was a really, really interesting day. We started off with a drive around the perimeter road, watching planes take off and critical, land every few seconds.

We pulled up at one of the RVPs – the places emergencies services meet up at club postmodern if there’s a serious incident. Critical. There was a clear view of the edinburgh university submission runway from the RVP. “A couple of years ago, we were sent here for an ‘aircrash immiment’,” one of the critical quizlet paramedics told us. “Half of the undercarriage of the plane had come down and too much, a crash landing was inevitable. We watched the plane circle round the airport again and again as the airport made preparations to minimise the impact. After what seemed like hours, the critical thinking plane was told to land. The pilot somehow managed to land the plane on getting essay two wheels, and it was only as it drew to a halt that the fuselage scraped along the ground. There was an enormous noise and sparks everywhere. As soon as we were given the go ahead, we rushed to the scene, not knowing what we’d find. We’d been anticipating deaths, but the worst injury was a broken ankle. We took our patient to hospital, and as soon as I’d booked him in, I walked outside A+E and burst into tears.”

Next we went inside the quizlet airport and phd thesis, had a drive round the thinking quizlet airfield, getting a good look at doctoral dissertation assistance all the planes and critical, posh lounges for rich people (Jordan?) and fr leavis essay, even having a quick peak inside an A380 including the First Class area (WELL posh. Thinking Quizlet. I think I might upgrade my tickets for critical thinking definitions, my forthcoming trip to Oz). We went to the spot where there had recently been a freak accident where an critical thinking airport worker had driven into a big yellow pole and become impaled on it. Then we went up the Air Traffic Control tower. Fight Club. There was an critical incredible view and we were all allowed to take photos. Air Traffic Controllers, I suppose, are a bit like Allocators in that they have to know where all their planes are and doctoral dissertation assistance marx, instruct them on where to thinking quizlet, go. They work shifts like us and club postmodern, have lots of complicated screens with pictures of thinking quizlet, cartoon aeroplanes on, just like we have screens of cartoon ambulances.

But of fr leavis essay, course, if we were to send an ambulance to the wrong place, all that would happen is a slight delay in reaching the critical quizlet patient. If an air traffic controller were to make the fr leavis essay same mistake, they’d end up blowing up 300 people! What a responsibility! I noticed they have a large red button connected to a telephone marked “CRASH” but I resisted the temptation to critical thinking, press it and start essay, exclaim “So what does this do??” Our next stop was the critical posh new terminal 5 where we got to see a shiny blue clock and thinking, sniffer dogs. Not being allowed in the duty free shops was quite torturous, though. We also got to thinking quizlet, see A505, which is the dedicated airport ambulance and one of the bicycle ambulances (also known as CRU, cycle response unit).

I was amazed at the amount of kit they can actually fit on the back of one of these things – the only things they don’t have that a normal ambulance does is the paediatric advanced life support kit, the submission maternity kit and the cardiac monitor. Critical Quizlet. They are really heavy and fr leavis essay, as the responder has to cycle really slowly through the airport to avoid hitting people, they have to critical, be really good cyclists. Our final stop was the Star Centre, which is the central control room for Heathrow. We often speak to the Star Centre people because they pass any 999 call made by club essay Heathrow staff through to us. I didn’t know this before, but they vet all their 999 calls by critical thinking quizlet asking “Is this an emergency?” and apparently they get rid of athletes essay, quite a few.

I wish our call takers were allowed to critical, say that too! I was amused to fight postmodern essay, see they have a big board full of quizlet, colour coded statistics relating to queues hanging over essay their heads which looked identical to quizlet, the one we have about fr leavis essay, ambulance response times. It seems damned statistics are everywhere, whatever job you do. The Star Centre people let us listen to the tape recording of the call made to them by air traffic control after the plane crash in January 2008. I was amazed at the calm voice of the controller, clearly giving details of the quizlet accident.

Of course, I suppose it’s no different from the calm way ambulance crews pass us a blue call for a horrible injury, or the getting paid too much essay calm way call takers give resuscitation instructions – they are following protocol the way they are trained to. I think it’s just the gut reaction the words “Plane Crash” provoke in me. I still have a bit of paranoia that one day I will be allocating on critical the West Desk when a plane crashes – but at least after today I am much more familiar with the way the airport works and university phd thesis, will be able to cope a lot better. I’m on nights this week and it has been CRAZILY busy. Usually, the East Central is dead by 2am on a week night. This week, I’ve still been juggling a screen full of critical thinking quizlet, calls at 5am. So what do you think is responsible for the increase in call rate?

Drunken people enjoying the athletes getting paid too much essay good weather? Swine flu? No, it’s the pollen count. Critical Thinking. Our screens are full of young people having “severe difficulty in breathing”, brought on by hayfever. It’s the first time I can remember this happening, and from a Control point of fr leavis essay, view, it’s hard to tell how serious these calls are. Critical Quizlet. Some people are undoubtedly calling just for bog standard hayfever symptoms, and as a sufferer myself I know how horrible that “pins in eyes, feathers in throat, corks up nose” feeling is, but I wouldn’t call an ambulance from it.

On the the best way to start other hand, in thinking, some cases, the hayfever triggers a full blown asthma attack and the patient really does need us. In other news, our control room is being refurbished at the moment. They are ripping out all the desks and making them point in different directions. Phd Thesis Submission. This means we keep getting moved around to critical, different rooms, no one knows where any of the edinburgh other desks are and management have not been seen for several days. The highlight of last night’s shift was finding a big box of thinking quizlet, Christmas Belgian biscuits in a hidden cupboard when they dismantled the East Central desk. We ate the lot. A few weeks ago, a two-year-old boy was killed when he was hit by a rollercoaster after accidentally wandering on to the tracks. You may have heard about it in the media. This didn’t happen in fr leavis essay, my sector, but on the desk opposite, so while I was getting on critical thinking with my work, I kept picking up snippets of information across the room. “It sounded awful,” said one of the call takers. Start Out An. “Everyone was screaming. I couldn’t get any sense out of anyone.” “DSO’s on the phone,” announced the radio op. “He says HEMS are working on him but it’s not looking good.

Crews are going to have to go off the critical road afterwards. The FRU paramedic is phd thesis really upset. Sounds like a really awful call.” Seconds later, I had my own call to worry about. A tipsy teenage boy had fallen down a river embankment. His friends couldn’t reach him, but they could see that he was unconscious and had blood trickling from his ear. They couldn’t tell if he was breathing. As we sent the crew, we asked them to report for HEMS, even though we knew HEMS were the other side of London, dealing with a critically ill toddler. We hoped they’d say HEMS weren’t needed, because there is only one HEMS team and they can’t be in quizlet, two places at once. “Perhaps it’s not as bad as it sounds,” said the radio operator dubiously. “He could just be drunk and it could be a scratch on his face.

It could turn out to be nothing. Do we know how far he fell?” I fired up the new “street view” thing on essay Google maps to get a better look at the river bank in question. Of course, Google probably didn’t intend their map system to critical quizlet, be used for this purpose, and there wasn’t a good close up of the riverbank, but I could clearly make out that the getting paid river was well below street level and that there was a set of critical quizlet, stairs leading down to it. It looked to me that it could be at least a fifteen-foot drop. The crew arrived and the best, found the critical thinking stairs we’d seen on fr leavis essay the map. As they arrived, the boy was coming round but was extremely confused and critical, cerebrally irritated, lashing out at anyone who tried to come near him. This kind of behaviour (which is sometimes hard to distinguish from alcohol induced aggression) is indicative of a life threatening brain injury. The crew called up for submission, assistance.

They needed someone, anyone, down there to thinking, help them restrain the boy in order to treat him, and they really needed the help of the HEMS doctor. We sent the police and the best start out an, another ambulance crew… The phone rang. It was the critical quizlet DSO. “We heard the crew on the radio.

HEMS have done all they can here; the toddler’s on his way to hospital, so they’re coming to you now. Where exactly is the fr leavis essay call?” I told him, and the HEMS team got in the car (the helicopter does not fly at night) and belted it across London. They were at thinking the riverbank in fifteen minutes. They were able to sedate the edinburgh phd thesis boy and get him on board the ambulance. As they got him to hospital, he went into respiratory arrest. The A+E staff all battled to save him, but it was no good. It’s likely he had fractured his skull and had a serious bleed into his brain, and if this was the case, nothing anyone did would have saved him. Now both the toddler and the teenager were dead. The next morning the papers were full of stories about the tragedy of the toddler and the fairground ride. Not one mentioned the teenager or the river bank.

I like old people, so I have a tendency to think they are all sweet and critical, nice and try to send ambulances to them as quickly as possible. The other day, we had a call to a seventy-two year old female with a nosebleed. I decided to send the the best start ECP (Emergency Care Practitioner) – a paramedic in a car who has extra training, and can deal with a lot of calls at home. The ECP will always perform a full set of checks on quizlet the patient before deciding whether to athletes paid too much, call for an ambulance or leave the critical patient at home and perhaps refer them to a GP, district nurse, etc. The ECP had been at the old lady’s house no longer than a couple of minutes when he rang me. “I’ve had to leave!” he puffed. “I thought she was going to attack me?” “The seventy two year old with a nosebleed?!” I said, confused. “Yes!” said the getting too much ECP. “I turned up and she was there with her bag packed – and no hint of thinking quizlet, a nosebleed except a slightly bloodied tissue. I explained that I needed to fr leavis essay, examine her properly before we were going anywhere and critical, that she might not even need to go to hospital, and edinburgh submission, she went crazy! She told me to Foxtrot Oscar, and when I tried to explain, she came at me!

So I ran away and critical, locked myself in the car!” I don’t know what our ECP looks like, but he sounds like a strapping young man and the thought of him running scared from a septuagenarian almost made me titter as I made sure he was okay and assured him he wouldn’t have to return to the address and we would make alternative arrangements. I wasn’t laughing five minutes later, though. Incensed by the fact that the ECP hadn’t done as she asked, the elderly lady in question had rung back twice and sworn at two call takers and doctoral, one of the Telephone Advice paramedics. Not content with this, she had also rung NHS Direct, her GP, her careline, the complaints department and her local MP to complain. All of the critical thinking quizlet above, with the exception of the MP, had rung in to find out what was going on. (I do not know why people always threaten to tell their MP when they do not like something the fight club postmodern ambulance service has done. I have seen no evidence that any MP is remotely interested.) I had no option but to send an ambulance crew to thinking, her to take her to hospital. I warned the crew what had happened to the ECP and asked if they wanted the police or a DSO (manager) to help them. “Nah, I think we can just about outrun a 72 year old if she gets nasty!” said one of them.

The crew also had no success in examining the patient and decided to cut their losses and ferry her to the hospital, just as she’d asked. At the athletes getting essay hospital, the receptionist told our charming patient that there would be a three hour wait to be seen. She promptly muttered something about complaining to Gordon Brown and stormed out. The hospital she was taken to was right next to her local shops. If I were the cynical type I might suggest this was behind her rather odd behaviour.

Write My Research Paper for Me -

Comparison of Mahatma Gandhi and Nelson Mandela. A comparison of Mahatma Gandhi and Nelson Mandela. Need essay sample on Comparison of Mahatma Gandhi and Nelson Mandela ? We will write a custom essay sample specifically for you for only $12.90/page. Mahatma Gandhi was born in 1869 in India. He was assassinated at the age of 78.He is critical thinking quizlet, recognized as political and religious leader of India and the Indian independence movement. Fight Club Essay! He was the found of Satyagraha, an idea that is mainly concerned with truth and confrontation to evil through active, on violent resistance, which led India to self-government and enthused movement for ‘civil rights and autonomy’[1] across the world. He initially engaged peaceful civil disobedience in the Indian community’s fight for civil rights in critical thinking quizlet South Africa. (Gandhiet al 121)

Nelson Mandela was born in 1918 in South Africa; he was an anti-apartheid campaigner and the person in charge of the African National Congress. He was the 11th president of doctoral dissertation South Africa and severed as president between 1994 and 1999.He is also a ‘Nobel Peace Prize winner of 1993’[2].He is at present an eminent elder statesman who continues to offer his views on contemporary issues. In 2001, he became the first living individual to be made an honorary Canadian citizen. In 1990 he was also given the Bharat Ratna Award from the Indian Government. This paper will attempt to look at two world leaders, one from Asia: Mahatma Gandhi and another from Africa: Nelson Mandela. We will also try to compare their strengths and weakness as world leaders.

World leaders such as Dr Martin Luther king Jr, Desmond Tutu and Nelson Mandela are said to be children of Gandhi and thinking, his religious recipients to non-violence. (Mandela 92) The Indian government also has a yearly Mahatma Gandhi peace prize which it awards to notable social workers, world leaders and athletes paid too much essay, also citizens. One key beneficiary of this celebrated award and non Indian is Nelson Mandela due to critical thinking quizlet his fight to edinburgh university phd thesis eliminate racial prejudice and isolation. Mandela has repeatedly accredited Gandhi for being a chief cause of motivation in his life, both for the values of non-violence and for facing hardship with self-respect. As a result Mandela’s strategy was influenced by Mahatma Gandhi, who stimulated him and subsequent generations of South African anti-apartheid activists. We therefore find that Mandela was among the critical thinking, key participants of a conference in New Delhi in 2007, which was aimed at marking the 100th anniversary since Gandhi’s introduction of Satyagraha in South Africa. (Meredith 46) The strengths of Mandela and Gandhi as world leaders. The two world leaders though from different continents and born at different times seem to greatly have many things in assistance marx common, more so in their style of quizlet leadership. They both seem to have led in the ‘struggle for independence’[3]. They could be said to be a symbol of freedom and equality. Fr Leavis Essay! Gandhi was very vocal in critical quizlet his call to the British to doctoral quit India especially during the Second World War.

During this time he claimed that he would not allow his country to join the rest of the world in critical thinking quizlet war to fight for democracy which did not exist in his very own country. Mandela on his part was also very vocal in resisting apartheid in South Africa. He even went to the extreme of refusing to critical thinking negotiate with white people example with P.W.Botha claiming that prisoners could not enter into contract. (Mandela 76) They both fought against critical domination not only in their motherland but also in other parts of the world. Gandhi was protesting the cruel taxation and extensive bias among the poor farmers and labourers in edinburgh university phd thesis submission India. He largely led nationwide campaigns for the mitigation of poverty, for the freedom of women, for brotherhood amid diverse religious and racial groups, for a stop to untouchability and critical thinking, caste prejudice, and for fr leavis essay the economic independence of the nation.

We find that he started his agenda not in India but in South Africa where he greatly fought for the rights of the Indians minority in South Africa. Mandela also had a similar agenda for his people. Thinking! He led South Africans in their call and struggle to end apartheid and critical definitions, the need for equal treatment of people despite their colour and race. He fought white domination in South Africa. Thinking Quizlet! (Mandela 134) It is very interesting to note that they were both imprisoned, in their struggle in fighting for what they believed in. At one time they both seem to have imprisoned in South Africa. Gandhi was imprisoned for many years on numerous occasions in both South Africa and thinking definitions, India. He was imprisoned in South where he started his civil disobedience in his fight to ensure that Indian minority in South Africa were recognized as legitimate citizens.

While Mandela was imprisoned for 27 years, much of which was in Robben Island for crimes that included sabotage committed while he spearheaded the struggle against apartheid. (Meredith 88) They both practiced and thinking, advocated non-violence and truth in all situations. . It was through witnessing directly discrimination; unfairness and bias against Indians in South Africa that Gandhi started to query his people’s position within the British Empire, and his individual place in the social order. As a result he embarked on non-cooperation and athletes essay, peaceful confrontation as his weapons to fight against thinking discrimination. He is said to be the father of non-violence protest. Mandela seems to have adopted Gandhi’s policy in his struggle against white domination. When this type of struggle failed that when South Africans resulted into fight club armed struggle, Which Mandela said they used it as a last resort, when mounting oppression and aggression from the state persuaded him that many years of non-violent complaint against apartheid had not achieved anything and therefore could not be successful.(Mandela 122)

However, Mandela later on admitted that the ANC, in its fight against apartheid, had also dishonored human rights, this resulted into a lot of critism more so from critical thinking quizlet, his party members who wanted such statements withdrawn from the truth and reconciliation commission. Nevertheless Mandela refused. This clearly demonstrates that just as Gandhi he was ready and willing to die for what he believed was the truth. They are both great world icons because they were ready to die so as to accomplish a democratic and free world in the best start which all persons live in critical thinking quizlet harmony and with identical opportunities. (RollandDaae 54) Differences between Gandhi and edinburgh phd thesis, Mandela.

As much as they share too much in common they are some key differences between them that make each one of them unique in their statues as world icons. Something so unique with Gandhi is that he underwent extended periods, at times over a month fasts for both self cleansing and protest. Gandhi cannot therefore be understood without the background of his trust and spiritual faith but it was a belief that was of fundamental help in critical quizlet promoting harmony and accord between people who worship diverse Gods or no God at all. He is on record for claiming that the most vital battle to wrestle was conquering own demons, worries, and fight club postmodern essay, insecurities. Critical Thinking Quizlet! We also find that Gandhi was in fr leavis essay no way the inventor of the belief of critical non-violence. But he was the pioneer to fr leavis essay apply it in the political field on quizlet, an enormous level. However, he was also conscious that this level of nonviolence needed unbelievable assurance and bravery, which he realized not everybody possessed. He consequently advised that each person needed not keep to nonviolence, in way to essay particular if it were used as a cover up for fear. (GanthiFischer 77) Following Mandela’s discharge from prison in 1990, his change to a ‘strategy of reconciliation and cooperation which aided lead the switch to multi-racial democratic system’[4] in South Africa, something that was very unique compared to the struggle that he had gone through.

He also became the thinking quizlet, oldest voted President of South Africa, when he was elected at the age of dissertation 77 to thinking quizlet become the edinburgh submission, first black South African president in 1994.He also decided not to stand for a subsequent term as President, and in its place retired in 1999, to critical thinking be succeeded by Thabo Mbeki. Athletes Getting Too Much Essay! He therefore goes down in the African history as the only African president who served only for one term. This clearly shows that he suffered not to get to power like many African leaders but for the benefit of quizlet South Africans and the world at large. (Mandela 231) Weakness of Nelson Mandela and Gandhi as world leaders. Everything that has a strong always seem to have a weak point also and this also applies to our two world leaders.

They also have had their low moments. Example, Commentators and detractors including AIDS campaigners such as Edwin Cameron have criticised Mandela for his government’s incompetence in stemming the AIDS catastrophe. Mandela also admitted that he might have failed his motherland by not paying more interest to the HIV/AIDS scourge. However, he has since put in use many opportunities to emphasize this South African and global disaster. (Meredith 89) Nelson Mandela is also criticised for the best way to start essay a numerous positive remarks he had made about the thinking quizlet, diamond trade, particularly concerning blood diamonds. Critical Definitions! Critics say that his positive remarks could have been motivated by personal interests considering the factor that they were great friends with Harry Oppenheimer, who is a former chairman of thinking De Beers, as while as narrow national interests of South Africa since South Africa is a major Diamond producer. (Mandela 244) Mandela has further been greatly criticised in fr leavis essay his failure to use his power to convince Mugabe to moderate his policies or to critical plead with him to step down more so due to phd thesis the recently disputed presidential elections.

This way he will have helped the people of Zimbabwe who seem to critical thinking quizlet be greatly suffering. Essay! (Mandela 88) Gandhi was also criticized by a number of Congress party members and other Indian political groups, mutually pro-British and anti-British, who felt that differing with Britain in its life or death resistance was morally wrong, and while others felt that he was not doing enough, in his struggle for Indian independence. (RollandDaae 97) ‘Gandhi’s unbending ahimsa implied pacifism’[5], which was thus a source of censure from across the political range. He also came under some political fire for his disapproval of those who tried to attain independence through further violent means. His denial to dispute against the execution of Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Udham Singh and Rajguru also resulted into critical quizlet criticism among some parties. Some people also questioned the competence of Gandhi’s theory of fr leavis essay non-violence and argued that it attained simply a few token compromises from the British. There also those who claim that, it was British fear of fighting, as opposed to non-violence, which resulted into Indian Independence. Quizlet! (Gandhiet al 231) Looking at the weakness of the two world leaders it is clear that; both were mainly critized for phd thesis not doing what people expected them to, since they mainly did, what they believed was the thinking, truth and was for the good of the people they were fighting for. While, some of their weakness come about as a result of over expectation of people. Some expected them to do such much, they forgot they were also humans and had their limitations. (GandhiFischer 252) Gandhi impacted significant leaders and political movements.

Such leaders include people like Martin Luther King and fr leavis essay, James Lawson who from the writings of Gandhi they were able to thinking come up with their theories concerning non-violence. This also includes Nelson Mandela who could be said to getting too much essay have finished what Gandhi had started. It is interesting that Gandhi started his struggle in critical quizlet South Africa not India, then there is critical thinking, also Mandela who also started his struggle in South Africa. Critical Thinking Quizlet! Due to Gandhi’s assassination it would therefore, be said that he use not in critical definitions a position to finish what he had started, therefore another world icon from South Africa came along to finish what he had laid down as his foundation. Just as Samson in the Bible many scholars say that Gandhi has achieved a lot in death than when he was still alive. Critical! (RollandDaae 121) Great leaders lead through thoughts, not through positional influence and fr leavis essay, power. This has clearly been demonstrated by Gandhi and Mandela. Even without positions and power they were able to maintain bravery where there was panic, promote accord where there was disagreement and more so encourage hope where there was misery. In the critical, case of Nelson Mandela having spend 27 years of his life in postmodern essay prison due to critical what he was advocating as a result, it would have been my expectation that after becoming the president of South Africa to remain on that position as long a he wished but he seems to have proved me wrong and others like me. Thinking Definitions! It was for a worth cost, that ‘he was willing to critical thinking quizlet spend 27 years to achieve what was not his personal interest but the interest of fight his people and this makes him a real leader’[6].(Mandela 432)

Gandhi was once battered in South Africa as he faced prejudice that was directed to Indians in the country then, but took no steps to thinking ensure that the person accountable faced justice. This was mainly because according to his personal values not to request redress for a individual wrong in a court of law, and he was able to stand by that, he did not go against his believe for personal interests or gains. Fr Leavis Essay! This therefore makes the two of them world icons who deserve to be remembered, not only for this generation but for generations to come. They are both role models and will continue being role models for many years to critical thinking quizlet come. (Gandhiet al 324) It is as a result of such great contribution that, we find that the getting, United Nations General Assembly collectively adopted an affirmation declaring 2nd October as an international day of thinking quizlet non-violence. On a rather disappointing note; Gandhi and Mandela both symbolize those who wholly resisted repression.However, what they resisted the most seems to have become the fr leavis essay, order of the day not only in the countries that they represented but in the world as a whole. Critical Thinking! One can not help but wonder what would happen if Gandhi would come back to fight club essay life today, what would he say to our current leaders, what would he say to someone like president Mugabe, who has not only ignored the cry of his own people but also the cry of international communities. The two leaders and critical thinking, other great leaders brought us change that few of our current leaders seem ready to uphold. Edinburgh University Phd Thesis Submission! We have therefore not only disappointed our awesome world figures but also failed to keep their legacy. (Meredith 423)

Gandhi and Mandela were both prepared to die for what they believed in, however they were not ready to kill for it. But in our current generation, leaders are ready to kill for what they believe in but not die for it, thus letting our world icons down. Man’s decency is a blaze that can concealed but never extinguished, since integrity shines through in life and death just as the case with Gandhi and critical quizlet, Mandela. We therefore need another Gandhi and another Mandela that we keep this fire burning. Start Out An Essay! We need a leader that will be ready and willing to die for the common good of all people, a leader who will value the ideal of a independent and free society in which all persons live together in critical thinking quizlet agreement and with equivalent opportunities, some one who is ready to openly address the fears and the cancer in athletes paid too much essay our societies that no one seems ready to talk about.

One who will be ready to stand firm in what he/she believes in despite the amount of critism that may follow such decisions, some one who can stand firm and not be shaken by critical thinking quizlet threat and blackmail. One who will be ready to stand up and be counted among the great leaders of all time. We therefore need a Mahatma Gandhi or Nelson Mandela of our current generation and fr leavis essay, generations to come. The question therefore, is who is ready to stand up and counted. Let us be the change that we want to see in our society, it is our time to critical rise up be counted. (RollandDaae 204)